Why We Do It
Community need drives our work and inspires donors, advocates, and volunteers to get involved. Our job is to look at the big picture and see where the root causes of some of our biggest problems are. Then we bring people together to help us find solutions.
Why do we do it? Because we believe we can make the biggest difference when we work together.
Right now in Lane County:
- 44% of families struggle to meet basic needs
- 20.1% of children live in poverty
- Nearly 25% of Lane County high school students don’t graduate from high school on time
- 52% of students in Lane County are not proficient in reading by third grade
- Approximately 50% of kindergartners are not adequately prepared for school